Friday 2 October 2009

First Swim For The Tiny Clownfish

After much hard work with the online dating websites, the success appears to be beginning to pay off. I had my first email through match.com earlier this week and, after some emails backwards and forwards, it looks like I'll be heading out tomorrow on my first date for nearly ten years. She seems like a really nice girl and we have a very similar sense of humour. I have some concerns, but that is only natural. My concerns are that, at this stage, I just want to have fun - nothing serious. I'm wondering whether to establish that early on, so that I don't go on to hurt her further down the line - if it gets that far. Or whether just to let things just happen and then approach the subject if she starts getting more serious.

Rather coincidentally, I received my first email from the free dating website Plenty of Fish (POF) a day after the email from match.com. The contrast between the two women couldn't be more vast. While the match.com girl is funny, clever and really nice, the POF girl seems like a rather desperate woman who is living with her ex and is "trying to see if the grass is greener". From what I can see, she likes eating and shopping. If that's not bad enough, her second profile picture is a photo of her breasts (JUST her breasts).

Anyway, I'm nervous but excited about the date with girl number one. Hey, it'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment