Friday 28 August 2009

Location, Location, Location

Today I am going to blog about the area that I live in. Now that I'm officially 'on the market' again, it is going to be important to find new places and ways to meet interesting women. This is not going to be an easy task. The town in which I reside is an old people's retirement town - the sort of place that in years gone by was a resort for families who wanted to visit the seaside for their holidays. Some people call this town 'sleepy'. To me, it has been in a coma for about the last 20 years and they're finally switching off the life-support. The Council try to push the 'tourism' idea, but in all honesty it only has one tourist attraction... and many, many more retirement homes. The biggest event here last year was the 20 Yard Zimmer Dash (ok, I made that up). When you have a night out here you really struggle for choice in terms of decent places to go.

So, what towns are nearby? Well, on either side are two towns where you could go to a bar, approach a woman, talk to her nicely and have her call you a name and throw up down your best shirt. If you visit these towns, you may find yourself in bars with people who regard contracting gonorrhea as a good, event-filled night out. Pretty scathing? Most definitely!

The whole area, rather depressingly, seems to have a far higher percentage of men than women out-and-about. If you were to go into any bar and look at and count the women... then look at and count the number of men standing in circles around them, it would quickly become apparent that not only are these bars bad places to meet women, but the towns in general really aren't that great either. I am not one for clubs, but on the occasions that I have been to the local ones I have observed a few women on the dance floor, completely surrounded by men attempting to impress them with their latest version of 'drunk man tries to be Michael Jackson'. Thriller? No... more like 'gorilla'!

The whole club scene here reminds me of the animal kingdom, where the males all try to display themselves in such a way as to tempt the female to choose to mate with them. I actually remember one funny occasion in a club where a very drunk man was desparately trying to impress a tall lady who was dancing in front of him. What the guy didn't realise (and may well have discovered, to his shock, later on) was that the girl he was dancing with was actually a man dressed as a woman (albeit, quite well disguised). Boy, was he in for an interesting evening!

Ok. So what choices do I have if I want a night out where there is plenty of opportunity to chat to interesting women - not too young and not too old? Well, I think it is time to get out of the local area completely. This weekend is a bank holiday weekend in the UK and I'm off to London to see what the night life there is like...

No comments:

Post a Comment